Vinyl siding has become a popular choice for homeowners however, vinyl siding is not immune to problems. In this article, we will explore 5 common vinyl siding problems that homeowners may encounter. you can view the final 5 key areas in part two of this blog here. A lot of people think that vinyl siding is a one-time, maintenance-free installation, only to find with time they are very, very wrong.
- Vinyl Siding Cracking and Splitting: One of the most common issues with vinyl siding is cracking or splitting. This can occur due to extreme temperatures, impact, or aging. To address this problem, it’s crucial to replace the damaged sections promptly or serious damage to your home may occur.
- Vinyl Siding Fading: Over time, vinyl siding may fade due to prolonged exposure to sunlight and harsh weather conditions. Rejuvenating the color and restoring the original appearance requires expensive and time consuming painting of the siding with a specially formulated paint designed for vinyl surfaces.
- Vinyl Siding Warping: Excessive heat or improper installation can cause vinyl siding to warp. Warped siding not only detracts from the curb appeal but also compromises its functionality. In such cases, it’s best to consult a siding professional who can assess the situation and recommend the appropriate remedial actions, which may involve replacing the siding.
- Loose Vinyl Siding Panels: Loose or wobbly vinyl panels can occur due to improper installation or severe weather conditions. Strong winds, in particular, can loosen the siding from its fasteners. It’s essential to address this issue promptly to prevent further damage and potential water infiltration.
- Moisture and Mold: Moisture infiltration behind vinyl siding can lead to mold growth and rotting of the underlying structure. Regularly inspect your siding for signs of moisture, such as discoloration or bubbling. If you suspect moisture-related issues, it’s crucial to address the problem promptly by repairing or replacing the damaged sections and ensuring proper waterproofing.
While vinyl siding offers some benefits, it is not without its share of potential problems. One alternative to those looking to repair or replace their vinyl siding is steel siding which offers superior protection, virtually maintenance-free, and is not prone to many of the weaknesses vinyl siding is. If you are having problems with your vinyl siding and would like to learn more about the benefits to steel siding, we encourage you to give us a call and schedule a time for an on-site visit to show product samples and go over the many benefits customers have has with Steel siding.
MAXWALLPRO’s Steel Siding Systems are virtually maintenance-free, cannot be easily damaged, and do not fade with time. Our life-time warranty is transferable – if you sell your home the warranty stays with your home. The investment of a MAXWALLPRO Steel Siding System installed on your home or building is one that you will not regret, unlike vinyl siding which is pretty much destined to fail.